Mounting the “G.V.” Drum Motor
- the “G.V.” Drum Motor MUST be mounted horizontally, square to the conveyour frame and horizontal to the idler pulley. The arrow on the shaft opposite to the connection box should be pointing upwards. (For special mounting arrangements consult your Van der Graaf Representative)
- To ensure proper electrical connection, always consult the wiring diagram provided.
- Be sure to use qualified personnel and observe compliance with local electrical codes.
- If in doubt, ask your Van der Graaf Representative.
- Be sure to install the motor with a standard fuse or circuit breaker device.
- Single phase motors must be connected in series with a proper capacitor / condenser.
- When the motor is equipped with a backstop device, be sure that the motor is connected for the correct rotational direction.
Prior to Starting ….
- Be sure that the drum motor is correctly wired and supplied with the proper voltage.
- Check that the pulley and conveyor belt are unobstructed and free to rotate.
- Be careful not to over tension the conveyor belt.