Intralox Modular Plastic Belting:
Intralox belts are made of plastic modules. Belts are assembled in an interlocked, bricklayed pattern with full-length hinge rods an inherently strong design. Intralox invented this technology in 1971 and has more experience in the design and application of modular plastic conveyor belts than any other company in the market.
Advantages of Modular Plastic Belting:
- Low maintenance, easy to clean and repair.
- Positive sprocket drive and tracking eliminate slippage and edge damage.
- Lightweight and energy efficient. Power transmission elements like drives and bearings last longer.
- Belts last longer and power transmission elements, like drives and bearings, last longer.
- Injection-molded plastic modules are interlocked by plastic rods and are assembled in a “bricklayed” pattern that provides belt strength.
- Positive drive from sprocket to belt engagement allows a low-tension system. This means there is no need for belt tensioning after repairs.
- The patented Intralox system uses square bore sprockets driven by square shafts. Square shafts provide positive transmission of torque to the sprockets and improves drive efficiency.
- Runs quieter.
- Belts are made to order in virtually any width or length, with a number of styles also offered in industry-standard chain widths.
- When flights or sideguards are specified, they are an integral part of the belt, secured with plastic hinge rods. They are never glued on or vulcanized and will not “peel off” like other belt technologies.
Belt Types and Styles:
Intralox offers approximately 40 basic styles of bricklayed, modular plastic conveyor belt, including various types of:
- Flat Top
- Perforated Flat Top
- Flush Grid
- Open Grid
- Raised Rib
- Friction Top
- Roller Top
- Nub Top (Anti-Stick)
- Cone Top (Extra Grip)
- Open Hinge Configurations for straight running and side flexing applications.
All can be custom built to the width and length you need.