Intralox Belt Selection
Belt Power Account Managers and Customer Service Representatives are modular plastic conveyor belt experts. They are your best sources of information as to which products will work best in your specific applications. However, here are some basic issues to consider.
- Straight Running or Sideflexing belts or chains. All Intralox belts can be used in straight running applications. The INTRAFLEX 2000™ Raised Rib, Series 2200 Flush Grid, and Series 2400 Flush Grid belts are designed for radius applications. Radius chains include the Series 3000 Knuckle Chain and Series 4000 radius chains.
- Material. Standard and specialty belt and accessory materials are described on this site. Temperature ranges, strength, and other factors help determine the right material for your application.
- Surface Style. Intralox offers various styles within the different series of belts. View the individual series for detaios on surface style and open area availability by belt series.
- Color. Intralox offers various color/material combinations, a key to which is found in the belt selection guide. The availability of materials and colors by belt series and style is noted in the series-specific data.
- Drive Methods. Intralox belts are either hinge-driven or centerdriven. With center-driven belts, the sprockets engage a pocket near the center of the module. With hinge-driven belts, the sprockets engage the belt at the back side of the module (or hinge).
- Pitch. Intralox belts are available in 0.5″ (12.7 mm), 0.6″ (15.2 mm), 1″ nominal (25.4 mm and 27.2 mm), 1.25″ (31.8 mm), 1.5″ (38.1mm), 2″ (50.8mm) and 2.5″ (63.5 mm) pitches. Smaller pitch belts, when used over similar size sprockets, reduce the amount of space required for product transfer.
- Strength. One of Intralox’s representatives can help ensure that the belt you choose will offer sufficient strength for your application by using the Intralox Engineering Program, which evaluates the suitability of a belt in light of numerous variables, including length, load, velocity, etc.
- Accessories. Various accessories are available for different belt series to meet the needs of your applications. Call for details regarding the availability of flights, sideguards, wearstrips, and finger transfer plates.
- Sprockets. For each specific belt series, various sprockets with different combinations of pitch diameter, number of teeth, materials, and/or design may be available. Refer to the detailed information for each belt series.
- Agency Acceptance. Call us for government agency acceptance by belt series, style and material.