Habasit manufactures a variety reinforced and non-reinforced extruded belt shapes made using thermoplastic polyurethane material. The shapes are available in different dimensions and hardnesses and many are available with rubber covers for additional grip against conveyed products.
- Applications: Light power transmission and conveyance.
- Examples: mini-conveyors (modular conveyors), paper converting and packaging equipment, teller machines, metal working industry, precision machinery, watch-making industry: drills, oil pumps, pantographs, ancillary units for automatic lathes, etc. Textile and clothing industry: bale openers, cards, automatic bobbin winders, sewing machines, spinning frames, cotton wool manufacturing machines, etc.
- Product line: Habasit R-belts.
- Features: Polycord round extruded belts are highly flexible, elastic, and are able to flex in any direction. Polycord belts provide uniform positive power transmission (no loss of power due to slippage).
- Operating Conditions: Polycord belts are resistant to water, oils, greases, and a variety of solvents with limited resistance to acids and alkaline solutions.
- Recommended Splice: Quickmelt
- Field Installation: use Polycord Joining Kit