Motorized Belt Conveyor Pulley
Van der Graaf “G.V.” Drum Motor operation is self-contained and a highly innovative motorized pulley drive unit option for a variety of belt conveying applications. With an entirely isolated vital component space, external components do not interfere with functionality. An increased level of operator safety, space utility, ease of installation, and improved reliability are a result. Additionally, any need for maintenance is minimized and high pressure wash downs are tolerated well.
Constructed with a direct power supply connecting to the stator, and no need for slip rings or brushes, the G.V. Drum motor is stationary without any need for pillow block bearings. Increased heat dissipation potential due to oil coated gears also decreases noise level of operation. Being virtually maintenance free, any required repairs may be performed without dismounting from conveyor frame and typical repairs consist of only periodic oil changes carried out every 50,000 hours of operation. Van der Graaf offers a full service to each and every customer in the event that a repair is necessary.
Due to the internal placement of all components, operation and maintenance costs are reduced and safety during use is improved. External components such as chain and chain guards, sprockets, gearbox, pillow block bearings, and motor are unnecessary and this allows for operation even in extreme environmental conditions. Likewise, to withstand extreme pressure and chemical wash down, Sanitary Series Drum Motors are built with hygiene in mind. With a variety of sizes, horsepower options, belt speeds, and face widths, standard drum motors are built to allow for flexibility which best suits the multitude of processing tasks for industry level projects.
Van der Graaf Drum Motor systems offer a variety of outstanding benefits, including:
- Unexposed conveyor drive system means less install time
FEWER MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
- No external moving components
- No need for continual adjustment and yearly maintenance
- Virtually maintenance free motors only require oil change after 50,000 hours of operation
- No need to remove drum motor from conveyor
INCREASE OPERATOR SAFETY
- No external moving parts which are often linked to accidents and complications
REDUCED ENERGY COST
- 96% mechanical efficient operation
- Lower operating cost compared to conventional drives
- Internal drive components allow for 30% energy usage reduction over conventional conveyors
ENHANCE SPACE UTILIZATION
- Cleaner appearance, higher density, and multiple applications due to low profile drum motor
- More belt conveyor fits into less floor or overhead space
- OSHA requirements for noise are exceeded due to AGMA/DIN 6 standard adherence
- Alloy steel teeth cut and honed to meet above requirements